About the Regional Arts Fund
The Regional Arts Fund is part of the Australian Government’s Arts and Cultural Development Program that supports participation in, and access to, Australia’s arts and culture through developing and supporting cultural expression. The Regional Arts Fund is managed by Regional Arts Australia on behalf of the Australian Government, and managed in Darwin by Northern Territory Regional Arts (NTRA). NTRA is a registered business name of Darwin Community Arts Inc, a non-profit, incorporated association that focuses on grassroots arts and cultural development.
The objectives of the Northern Territory Regional Arts Fund (NTRA) are to support and promote participation in, and access to, Australia’s arts and culture in regional and remote Australia, and through doing so:
- encourage and support sustainable economic, social and cultural outcomes in regional communities;
- develop partnerships and networks which leverage financial and/or in−kind support for regional arts projects and encourage ongoing collaboration;
- develop audiences and broaden community engagement with the arts;
- increase employment and professional development opportunities for, and raise the profile of, regional and remote artists; and
- support quality and viability of artistic and cultural activity.
To achieve these objectives, the NTRA will award grants for projects and programs benefiting regional and remote areas.
Please check Eligibility for RAF here
Read the 2021 RAF Guidelines here
Funding is available for
Project Grants. Now Open
For art projects, professional development for artists and arts workers, and community capacity building projects.
Maximum amount $30,000
Round opens 10th January 2022
Round Closes midnight 13th March 2022
Notification of Outcome Approximately three months from close date*
Projects must commence after Friday 1 July 2022
*Please note this is an indicative time frame only and is subject to change based on the advice of Federal Government.
For small arts projects, professional development for artists and arts workers, and community capacity building projects.
Up to $3,000 for Individuals, $5,000 for organisations.
Rounds are open on the first day of every month and close on the last day of every month from February till November.
The Cultural Tourism Accelerator Program is a $5 million targeted measure announced by the Australian Government as part of the Regional Arts Tourism package, which will enable arts organisations to promote and develop cultural events for tourists across regional Australia. The program will increase tourism visitation in regional, rural and remote communities across Australia by providing financial support for arts and cultural activity. The program recognises that the cultural and creative industries play a critical role in contributing to the creativity, diversity and prosperity of Australia’s regional and rural economy.
The Cultural Tourism Accelerator Program aims to:
- Support place-based programs to increase visitation
- Build consumer confidence and activate engagement
- Drive engagement across communities and between regions
- Support sector-led responses. There are four types of grants available. Two focus specifically on marketing, and two on developing new initiatives.
Address Unit 2, 1 Travers St COCONUT GROVE NT 0810
Social Media Instagram Facebook
Phone Mob: 0436450051 PH:08 8961 9005 (we can’t always get to the phone, please leave a message if we don’t answer)