About the Regional Arts Fund
The Regional Arts Fund is part of the Australian Government’s Arts and Cultural Development Program that supports participation in, and access to, Australia’s arts and culture through developing and supporting cultural expression. The Regional Arts Fund is managed by Regional Arts Australia on behalf of the Australian Government, and managed in Darwin by Northern Territory Regional Arts (NTRA). NTRA is a registered business name of Darwin Community Arts Inc, a non-profit, incorporated association that focuses on grassroots arts and cultural development.
The objectives of the Northern Territory Regional Arts Fund (NTRA) are to support and promote participation in, and access to, Australia’s arts and culture in regional and remote Australia, and through doing so:
- encourage and support sustainable economic, social and cultural outcomes in regional communities;
- develop partnerships and networks which leverage financial and/or in−kind support for regional arts projects and encourage ongoing collaboration;
- develop audiences and broaden community engagement with the arts;
- increase employment and professional development opportunities for, and raise the profile of, regional and remote artists; and
- support quality and viability of artistic and cultural activity.
To achieve these objectives, the NTRA will award grants for projects and programs benefiting regional and remote areas.
Please check Eligibility for RAF here
Read the 2021 RAF Guidelines here
Funding is available for
For art projects, professional development for artists and arts workers, and community capacity building projects.
Maximum amount $30,000
Round opens January 2022
Round Closes midnight March 2022
Notification of Outcome Approximately three months from close date*
Projects must commence after Friday 1 July 2022
*Please note this is an indicative time frame only and is subject to change based on the advice of Federal Government.
Quick Response Grants
For small arts projects, professional development for artists and arts workers, and community capacity building projects.
Up to $3,000 for Individuals, $5,000 for organisations.
Rounds are open on the first of every month and close on the last day of every month.
Address Unit 2, 1 Travers St COCONUT GROVE NT 0810
Social Media Instagram Facebook
Phone 08 8961 9005 (we can’t always get to the phone, please leave a message if we don’t answer)